Undergraduate Studies Office
The Director of Undergraduate Studies, Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies, and Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies serve as academic advisors for all philosophy concentrators. You can speak to us about all academic matters related to the concentration as well as your other classes.
- Deciding on whether the Philosophy Concentration is right for you
- Pursuing a joint concentration, including the Mind, Brain, and Behavior (MBB) program
- Course selection inside and outside the department (esp. planning for courses in future semesters)
- Distribution requirements within the Concentration
- The Thesis writing process
- Study abroad and summer funding opportunities
- Life after college
- Any issues related to any of the classes in the department
Crimson Cart, Advising Holds, Official Forms
Any member of the Office of undergraduate studies can lift advising holds, sign add/drop forms, and sign other forms related to the concentration.
A note on advising holds: the advising staff will only lift advising holds after an in-person advising meeting.
Meeting with Us
We maintain a list of our office hours, where you can also sign up for office hour time slots (link to Google calendar). If you see that slots are available and you'd like to drop by unannounced during any of these times, we're more than happy to meet with you if we're free. The sign-up mechanism is just there to ensure that you don't have to wait for an opportunity to talk.