Nine department members received “Certificates of Distinction and Excellence in Teaching” for the fall term of 2019. Each semester, the Office of Undergraduate Education awards Certificates of Distinction in Teaching and Certificates of Teaching Excellence to TFs, TAs, CAs, lecturers, and preceptors. These awards are based on an overall score of 4.50 or higher with a minimum of 5 evaluations on the Q section evaluations.
The Philosophy Department offers its warmest congratulations on this superb achievement!
The awards are as follows:
- Doug Blue for Phil 98: Tutorial II
- Doug Blue for Phil 140: Fundamentals of Logic
- Lidal Dror for GenEd 1146: Race and Justice
- Bréond Durr for GenEd 1146: Race and Justice
- Megan Entwistle for Phil 129: Kant’s First Critique
- Zach Gabor for Phil 173: Metaethics
- Thomas Pendlebury for Phil 108: Aristotle’s Practical Philosophy
- Thomas Pendlebury for Phil 141: Frege, Russell, and Early Wittgenstein
- Ege Yumusak for Phil 3: The True and the Good
Lecturers and Preceptors:
- Emilio Mora for Phil 177I: Historical Injustice
- Seth Robertson for Phil 18: Human Ethics: a Brief History